The staging event here in Phile has been a great experience; I've met plenty of people who share the same anxieties and aspirations as my own (this has been very helpful). In fact, there are 61 of us in total, with a little less than half being English volunteers. For two days we have gone over basic Peace Corps regulations, expectations, and the like. It has been very similar to Freshman Orientation, just with a bunch of people who love travel as much as I do.
Tomorrow is when we leave for the fabled land of Azerbaijan. Monday night, we take a flight out to Germany, and from Germany to Baku. It should take a total of 14ish hours-- not too bad considering we are going to practically the other side of the world.
I write this now because it is very likely I will be incognito for a week and a half, with Internet access during Training being very sporadic and minimal. Thus, you can hope to hear from me about every other week (if I keep up the blog that long!). Training lasts three months, and by the time I finish, I will be speaking 'baijani to a passable level. I am sure much cultural calamity will ensue, and you can bet you'll hear about it. If you'd like to contact me, please consider writing a letter, the address is on the right. Email also works!
Please keep me in your thoughts/pray for me during these next three months. I am incredibly excited, but also incredibly nervous... so I'll need all the help I can get! On that note, see you in a week(ish)!