Monday, September 8, 2008

The final countdown

My life these past weeks has resembled the stock market. Some days I am really high on life, ready to start this adventure, and other days I crash waaaaay deep down in Bear territory. For those of you who know me, I tend to psyche myself out when it comes to big decisions, so this probably comes as little surprise to you!

Today, I was definitely feeling pretty low. Luckily, I took advantage of my somber feelings to go shopping... and much to my self-loathing capitalist chagrin, I feel much better! I bought an iPod, Halloween candies to give to Azeri children, and other odds and ends like: a headlamp, poncho, and polycarbonate water bottle!

Today marks 13 days until I leave for staging. I have so many doubts and fears about going, but deep down I know I'm made for this experience. Once I leave my comfort zone, everything will fall in place.