Monday, November 17, 2008

A day in the life of Jeremy Jeromovich

Well, I haven't had much time to update this wonderful blog, so I'll do my best to summarize as short and sweet as possible. Until December 10th, I am a Peace Corps Trainee. As such, I have a very rigorous training schedule every day in order to adequately prepare for the next two years. Every day pretty much follows a typical pattern:

  • 8:00 Wake up
  • 8:45 Walk a mile to school for language lessons
  • 9:00-1:00 Azeri language lessons
  • 1:15 Lunch
  • 2:00-6:00 English teaching practicums/sessions/etc.
  • 8:00 Dinner with the family

When you're in a different country, constantly being forced to speak in an unfamiliar language, a day such as this can seem twice as long! Thus, I find myself going to bed some evenings around 10:00… something unheard of during my college days! Soon enough I will miss this rigidity, once I arrive in site and discover I have no formal schedule at all. Oh well… until then I will continue to do all that's asked of me and practice my language.